SEN 2726 - US Nats Schedule Update from NFFS
- Category: Archive 2020
- Hits: 342
US Nats Schedule Update from NFFS
The current COVID-19 pandemic has thrown everything in the world
topsy-turvy, and that impacts our hobby as well. We have gotten some
question about the Free Flight NATs, both Indoor and Outdoor. NFFS is
working closely with AMA to evaluate the situation daily.
Obviously, the health and safety of contestants is our primary concern
and we will absolutely abide by all federal, state and local guidelines.
However… Per AMA guidance, NFFS is continuing with PLANNING for both the
Indoor and Outdoor NATs.
Indoor FF Nats - May 27-31, 2020 at Eagar, Arizona
The earlier date for the Indoor NATS will force us to make a decision on
that component sooner rather than later. Eagar is a small town in a
remote area of Arizona that will require extended travel for most
attendees. We will make a GO/NO GO decision on or before April 24th
based on conditions and guidance from all federal, state and local
Outdoor FF NATs - July 27-31 at Muncie, Indiana
Muncie has a little more infrastructure and the date is far enough out
that we have some time to make the decision. That said, we know that
attendees need to make arrangements so we will make a GO / NO GO
decision on or before June 26th based on conditions and guidance from
all federal, state and local authorities.
It would be very easy to cancel the NATS today, we just don’t know the
ultimate scope of this pandemic, but we want to let facts guide our
decisions as best as possible. If you hope to attend, I encourage you to
monitor the current status at https://amablog.modelaircraft.org/nats/.
If you think you will want to attend, please feel free to register. In
the event the NATs needs to be cancelled, AMA has assured that all
registration fees WILL be refunded.
We are trying to make the best decision possible for all concerned and
value your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly at