- Category: Archive 2015
- Hits: 150
- Upcoming FAI Meeting Dates ...
- For sale F1 glider - Hines
- Two weeks in Mongolia
- Australian World Cup 2016 info
- 2016 World Cup Info
Upcoming FAI Meeting Dates have changed
The new dates for next FAI Aeromodelling Commission (CIAM) Plenary :
CIAM Plenary Meeting will take place on 8 and 9 April 2016 in Lausanne (SUI) at the Moevenpick Hotel.
CIAM Bureau will meet on 7 April 2016 in Lausanne (SUI) at Maison du Sport International.
More information and official invitation will be sent in due time to those who get that stuff
For SALE: F1 towline gliders
From: Lee Hines
Since I am past my towing career, the following BlackMagic-equipped F1 gliders are offered for sale:
1. Li' AL F1A, won Nats & World Cup events. Yours for only $600
2. Koso F1H, SWR winner ($500)
3. M&K long F1A, Vasi built (boom needs reassy). A steal @ $450!
They will be with me Labor Day weekend @ MMM RMFF CHAMPS, as well as USFF CHAMPS.
Or call: 949-885-6346
Lee R Hines
Two weeks in Mongolia
From : Malcolm Campbell
The well known Australian F1A sportsman and photographer has prepared a photo essay that shows Mongolia as well as some of the flying. Excellent photos, Great for those who went or who did not go to Mongolia this summer.
These might not fit into a SEN email but I thought at least you and Lindy would enjoy them.
Well I've finally got around to build up a set of photos that captures what we saw in Mongolia in July, apart from the flying competition.
We stayed in basic accommodation 50 km from Mongolia. The roads are either rough concrete or dirt / mud. Driving is an adventure, so we had our own full-time driver for two weeks. He even slept on the bus!
There are a few shots of the flying interspersed with our bus trips, and the photos are in chronological order. Hope you like them.
Friday 08 April F1A# & F1C # (see note 4) 5 x 1 hour rounds 0800 - 1300
Sunday 10 April F1B Fly-off from Saturday 0700 – 0730
Reserve Weather Day/Practice/Rest Day for AFFS
Tuesday 12 April % Open Flyoff from Monday 0700- 0710
Open Power 5 flights 0800 - 0100
Combined/HLG/CLG/TLG 0800 - 1200
Thursday 14 April Flyoffs from: Tuesday Open Rubber 0700- 0730
:Wednesday F1B & Open Power 0700 - 0730
Scramble 0830 - 0930
Friday 15 April Moving Day to Nats at West Wyalong
1) Daylight Saving NSW finishes 03 April 2016.
2) Sunrise 07 April 2016 is at 0631 (Civil Twilight 0606)
3) *F1G/H/J First Round will be “High Time” and must be flown before 0800.
(6 min max first round only. NB time above 2 min max will only be used to resolve ties)
4) # F1A,F1B & F1C First round duration will be 4 minutes (Weather permitting)
CD to determine duration of round 5 (5 minute max weather permitting)
5) Open Rubber flyoff held over to Thursday morning to avoid flyoff conjestion Wednesday morning.
6) P30 morning flyoff retained due to class popularity and number of Juniors flying.
7) Combined Vintage first flight will be “High Time” & must be launched before 0800
(6 min max first round only.NB time above 3min max will only be used to resolve ties)
(6 min max first round only. NB time above 2min max will only be used to resolve ties)
9) Generally earlier starts for flyoffs & non FAI events but latest finish is 1300 hrs !
10) Nats supposedly to start on 16 April 2016 (to be confirmed by NSWFFS).
FAI World Cup Info
Most World Cup organizers will have received this information but for those that did not
The FAI head office would like to draw your attention to the following important deadline:
Sporting Calendar registration form: (see Sporting Code sec. 4, Volume ABR - Para A9)
The form is available for downloading as a Word or PDF file on the FAI website at http://www.fai.org/ciam-documents - Forms - CIAM Competition Registration Form wef August 2014
The registration of competitions for the 2016 FAI / CIAM Sporting Calendar must be made using the above mentioned form ONLY, and reach the FAI office by 15 November 2015.
The official stamp and signature of your NAC are compulsory.
The Sanction Fee must be paid prior to the 15 November deadline as well. Unpaid competition may not be accepted by the CIAM bureau. Payments by checks will not be accepted and we ask you to ensure that all bank / credit card charges are paid by the originator.Thank you very much in advance for your cooperation
With best regardsChristine Rousson
Christine ROUSSON | Competitions Manager