- Category: Archive 2020
- Hits: 319
1. More on USFFC
2. More on the Late Peter King
3. Automatic engine run timer
More on USFFC
From: Ed carroll
Additional COVID 19 Mediation Information for the US Free Flight Championships September 18-20 at Lost Hills, California
* To assist with staying healthy, there are hand washing stations on the porta potties.
* Masks will be available if you forget yours or it blows away.
* Hand sanitizer will be available at the score table as will drinking water, save your cup.
* Exact change or check ( LHFFMAA) would be appreciated on check in.
* Pencils will be provided for your scorekeeping pleasure and you make keep yours.
* Remember, wear your mask when you congregate with folks and keep social distance.
More on the Late Peter King
From: Martin Dilly Peter Williams spotted this excellent full page obituary for F1B flyer and
alto giant Peter King in a recent Times newspaper in London:
Editor’s Comment, Interesting obit in one of the World’s most renowned newspapers , it talks about many aspects of Peter’s life including model flying and the reasons why he got into it. It credits his model flying achievements.
Automatic engine run timer
From: Gilbert Morris
I read in yesterdays New York Times -- " An experiment in automation
that could change tennis has been well received at this years US Open.
The experiment is Hawk-Eye Live, a fully electronic line-calling
system that was used for the first time in a Grand Slam tournament.
Most of the players really liked it. You never have to question one
Wouldn't it be great if some one came up with an automatic engine run
timer during this pandemic? I can't think of anything else that would
so enliven F1C or all power flying, for that matter.